Truly Sync Your Android Device With Dropbox Via Dropsync [Android 2.0+]

Android provides contact, calendar and bookmark sync with Google servers, but alas, no support for native sync with other important information that as a student, I desperately need, such as tasks, documents and notes. There are many other great services you can rely on, such as Evernote, DoIt.im and others.

I, for one, needed my PDF slides to review for class so I definitely needed to find a way to sync it to my Acer tablet. Dropbox is my preferred syncing service, which works wonders on computers. However on mobile devices, especially Android devices, it leaves a lot to be desired, mainly because of the lack of support for two-way syncing goodness.

Dropbox may or may not implement this feature soon, but in the meantime, Dropsync does a superb job of uploading and downloading files in real-time (Pro version), or other intervals if you so prefer. If you use Dropbox, this app might just make your mobile life easier.

Dropbox doesn’t just shine for syncing files so you’ll have the same set on different devices that you own, but it’s also great for backing up those same files in case of any emergency. It’s not the only one that does that either. SpiderOak and SugarSync are also excellent syncing services with mobile apps, and while I tried all three services, I stuck with Dropbox because it had virtually no learning curve, it had clients for all three OSes that I’m familiar with, and it synced things without noticeable delay.


Truly Sync Your Android Device With Dropbox Via Dropsync [Android 2.0+]

No comments:

Post a Comment

తెలుగులో వ్రాయడానికి http://www.google.com/ime/transliteration/ ఉపయోగించండి.